(This posts title is in reference to one of my favorite childhood songs)
It’s Monday AND the first day of March. If today doesn’t scream time for new goals I don’t know what does.
First, a recap of last week’s goals:
- Go to spin class twice this week.
- Run around the lagoons once.
- Go on a hike. FAILED! (But I really do have an excuse. The day I was planning on going on a hike we had a terrible tsunami warning in Hawaii and had to evacuate our house for almost the entire day).
- Catch up with two friends I haven’t spoken to in awhile.
So now that it’s a new MONTH and a new week, I have decided to write down some short term and long term goals.
Short term goals:
- Go to two spin classes this week.
- Run around the lagoon once.
- Go on a hike.
- Make something NEW for dinner.
Long term goals:
- Keep a Food Journal For the past couple of weeks I have been tracking my food intake on a little spiral notebook that I can throw in my purse. However, after reading several reviews on the Fitbook I decided to purchase one to expand some of my tracking options.
- Enter a challenge and complete it! I have been reading about several different challenges for the month of March. Yoga Challenge, Core Fusion Challenge, Push Up Challenge, etc, etc, etc. I think I will buy the Core Fusion Challenge DVD on Amazon and do that one. I would be interested in incorporating some yoga into my routine also though. We’ll see…
- Only eat when I’m hungry I really don’t understand why this is so hard for me. I feel like I’ve been struggling with this all my life. I eat when I’m bored, I eat when I’m full, I eat just because I need to finish off every meal with something sweet even though I’m already stuffed! Sometimes I think I eat like it will just dissappear if I don’t eat it then. I really need to work on this because I think it’s one of the main reasons I’m not at the weight I want to be.
- Stop chewing ice Oh my gosh. I’m embarassed to even have to write this on here. I seriously have an ice addiction. Crushed ice, cubed ice, the circle ice with a hole in it. Gahh, the list goes on and on. Sometimes my teeth actually hurt when I go to bed because I’ve chewed too much ice. I really want to break this habit. Maybe writing it down will help me accomplish it.
I feel like all of my goals, both short and long term are realistic and do-able. 🙂 I’m excited to track my progress along the way.