The older I get, the more I learn about love, relationships, what can go wrong and when they can go right. Today while I was in the shower I started thinking about the top five qualities that I look for in a significant other… This list has evolved as I have grown up, as I have entered and exited failed relationships. I think I’ve got it right… for now 😉
The Hi 5: What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.
1. Caring: In the past, I have dated some very selfish boys. Only concerned about themselves, what I can do for them and pushing the boundaries on what they can get away with. I recently started dating the most caring boy in the world. The smallest things set him apart from the rest. Opening my door for me, buying me a new dish sponge when mine is old and gross, making my bed in the morning, taking out my trash while I am at work, folding the clothese I leave strewn about on the floor while I’m getting ready for work. I have realized that of all characteristics, caring has to be the highest on my list.
2. Hard Working: By nature, I’m a hard worker. I like to be perceived as a hard worker. It is hard for me to be with someone that is not equally as hard working. The older I get the more I am reminded that I can not be with someone that is lazy. I have too many friends that have started families with “lazy” boys, only to wake up one morning and realize their household is a one woman show.
3. Open Minded: I am an adventurous girl. I like to explore new areas, step outside of the box and try new things. I have realized how important it is for me to be with someone that enjoys trying new things as well. I lie for an adventure and I want that to be a passion for someone I am with as well.
4. Intellectual Conversation + Fun: For obvious reasons, it’s important for me to find someone I can really connect with. I can get extremely passionate/heated about certain issues and I love to have someone there that can keep up with me. Although I love the deep conversation, I’m not like that all the time (actually I’m only like that 15% of the time), so someone I can laugh and kick back with is equally important.
5. Cute: Bring on the criticism for this one. I know, I know, looks aren’t everything. But if I can’t look at my signifcant other and say “You’re so cute”… I don’t know if it will work. Cute is not just looks, but it’s their personality, the way they treat me, the way they talk, the things they like to do.
I remember thinking I can’t be too picky. Don’t set so many guidelines or you’ll never find a guy to date. As time goes on, I’ve realized there’s no reason to not be picky. If I’m not choosy, I will end up with someone that doesn’t fulfill me, and worst case scenario, I marry that person, we have kids together and we get a divorce. So what’s wrong with being picky? What if that means I never get married? I guess that means I didn’t settle. I’m confident in who I am and what I have to offer, I know that I am deserving of an outrageously spectacular person.
No grindz in this post! I’ll post some pics of my latest foodie adventures:
I do have a new long term goal: MY 24th birthday is on June 5th and I am determined to lost the last 5 pounds! I weighed in today at 131.6. I have essentially 8 weeks to lose 7 pounds. A pound a week? Totally doable, but so hard. I have been struggling with this weight for a while. Time to buckle down on my eating habits and kick up my workout routines! I’ll post every Monday night from here until June 5th with updates…